Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Patience Smatience

I want to start off by saying that I love my baby daughter more than ANYTHING and would NEVER EVER want to imagine life without her. But, even though my hubby calls me Supermom and at times I do feel somewhat heroic...today is NOT one of those days! I am only human and when your sweet little baby girl is turning into a teething demon, things get a little rough to handle. Luckily, I am blessed with the most AMAZING man in the universe who is always there to help and support me. But when your baby is off -you are off too. For the past month or so, she has been waking up screaming bloody murder through the night and as much as you feel bad and want to take away the pain, you also want to pull your hair out from the frustration and lack of sleep. Waking up to screaming EVERY day wears you out after awhile. I honestly don't remember waking up to silence or the sounds of the birds. And again, I don't mean this cruelly towards my baby...I know she can't control the nightmares, teething and gas...but dammit we NEED SOME PEACE AND QUIET!!!!!

My hubby and I haven't had a full day alone since our baby girl has been born...so right now, that sounds like heaven to me. Just us two walking hand in hand in peace, enjoying each others company, talking, eating, kissing, RELAXING and recharging ourselves so we can come back and handle this chaos. I think every parent needs a break no matter how much they love being with their kids...its just normal, you need time to breathe and be YOU! Well, let's hope that day comes sooner rather than later...cuz we need it!

Well, the little one is down for a nap so I think it's time for me to close my eyes too, so that's all for now.....to all the parents out there who dedicate every thing to love and raise their children right...GOD BLESS YOU...because he is the ONLY one that can get you through every thing-especially days like this!

1 comment:

  1. That's why humans are social animals. If it were not for the assistance of community, ancient civilizations would have thrown their children into the fastest river they could find, and then we wouldn't all be here now.

    Hang in there love!

    ReplyDelete