Monday, May 16, 2011
Here it goes....
Well, here I am. And now I must do this for me. Do what you may ask? Well, just write. I used to write all the time-since I was a young girl and at times felt isolated in a new school far from home. I wrote about anything my heart wanted. Mostly, how I didn't feel like I was in my true element. Like I was on a whole other planet from everyone else around me. I wrote to God, because from since I can remember, my mom always told me he was there to listen. And when you have no familiar faces around you and judgements are made in a snap it can be very terrifying. So he was the only familar that I knew who wouldn't judge me no matter what. Writing got me through a lot of tough times and as my life changed so did how I would write or how often. But the one thing that has never changed is what pours out of my heart and now it is time to let my heart have a voice again. I have never written on a blog, so I can't promise witty comments or fantasical stories. This is just me, writing, opening my soul and letting it express any pain, anger, fear, hope or love that it has been holding onto for so long. I wrote a poem for school when I was younger and I don't remember what it was exactly about....but I remember five words that it had to end with-THIS IS ME, I AM. Who am I you ask? A human being, woman, daughter, sister, friend, college graduate, lover, wife, mother? Yes, I play all those roles....all of which are very important to me. But my true quest in life is to find the essense of who I really am...my spirit...the reason I am here and how I must grow to reach my true potential. Through these roles God has blessed me with, I have and will continue discovering more of what I really am. But life is a journey and this jewel won't be found so easily. I must never give up searching for it, for if I do I will be in a dark place with no hope or light to shine my way home. So, thanks to my loving husband who is always looking out for me, I step out of the shadow that has somewhat covered my heart for so long and put my fingers on this keyboard in hopes to let my soul have a voice again through the written word...letting my heart breathe in the freedom it has so long needed to breathe. This is me, I am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAAAAAYYYYY!! Welcome to self-expressing internet crack! It's addictive, it's therapeutic, it's awesome! You'll love it!
ReplyDeleteAs far back as I can remember, you have ALWAYS been a great writer! It is therapeutic and I am sure you will enjoy it sis! I look forward to reading more :)
ReplyDelete